Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Papillary muscles

For the record, I am adamantly against midterms in August. It's just not right.

Given that, it's been a bit busy around here . . . Even when I get a good amount of sleep, I'm still exhausted. But I think that's just part of it.

We've left the limbs and gotten visceral. :) Friday we extracted lungs, which I found absolutely amazing. I honestly didn't expect them to have the texture of memory foam, but they really do! And, as luck would have it, there's not much they're expecting us to memorize on the lungs. Today, we cut into the heart. Also pretty amazing.

Our instructors rotated -- I've got Dr. Schneck now. Some students I've spoken to sounded intimidated by him. My opinion sits with that of most students -- he's awesome. I don't find him stressful at all. He knows everything about this subject, and he always emphasizes things that we need to know. He's more than willing to spend time with students. And the first day of class, when I raised my hand, he called on me. By name. And pronounced it correctly.

Considering taking Kitty outside with me once it cools down a little... It's a pretty quiet area around my apartment. And it'd be good for him to run around a little before winter. But once he goes out once, he wants out all the time-- and I just can't put up with that. And he's doing pretty well as an indoor cat. He's re-taught himself to play fetch, and he seems to be rather well-adjusted. I figure I'll play it by ear, as always...

No comments:

Post a Comment