Thursday, August 6, 2009

Activity

I feel like I've barely sat still. Of course-- I've been doing a lot of sitting still. But I'm always busy. Once again, probably something I should get used to.

Tuesday, I called the gas company about our oven, which the technicians told us was leaking. I think the apartment has yet to fix it. Had to take deep breaths while on the phone to keep from snapping at the rude operator, who seemed to think my apartment should have a letter rather than a number. Made it to the social event that night. Ladder 15 had amazingly good food!! Sometimes bar fare really surprises me...

Watched Wit yesterday. Excellent movie. I cried. Three times.

My feet are in pain... I was wearing probably five band-aids on them today. Blisters everywhere. My back and neck ache from dragging around my laptop (in addition the rest of my life). This afternoon, I got to add a box containing half a human skeleton to my load.

This morning, my roommate's car mysteriously died after hitting a huge something in the road. We ended up pushing it into the nearest parking lot -- which was a feat in of itself, especially since I was wearing heels and a skirt. Then we had to walk back to our apartment to get my car instead. We still got to campus just in time to have our PPDs read and grab a bite before we had to sit and get talked at awhile longer.

So orientation is over. My facebook is just exploding with new friend requests. Good news: no more button-down shirts and incredibly uncomfortable walking shoes. Bad news: now they actually expect something of me. But Anatomy is shaping up to be interesting and challenging. Today I met the cadaver with which I'll be spending the next 2 1/2 months.... I'm on the slate to wield the scalpel on Tuesday. Not sure I even know where to start . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment