Friday, September 11, 2009

Sleeping in the Woods

For a short week, it's certainly been an intense one. Tuesday was rough, of course, having messed up my sleep schedule over the long weekend. In the past four days of lab, we covered the entire pelvis and started on the head/neck region. Labs were especially intense -- but I'll omit the details for the sake of everyone cringing at home. Then, appropriately enough, we had a discussion this week regarding our feelings and opinions on the body donor program. Perhaps that was intentionally scheduled this week.

Two more weeks of the head and neck, amd anatomy will be behind us. Stethoscopes should be in soon. (I plan to practice on Kitty. Hopefully he'll be able to stop purring.) We get our white coats in a large ceremony on October 30th. It's only been a month, but it feels like I've been in med school much longer. It's strange that I feel so far into this, and I'm still missing such essential "doctoring" equipment.

Applied to be a guide for the Body Worlds exhibit at the Franklin Institute. I'd be interested to see the exhibit -- the whole museum actually -- and it'd give me something productive to do on the weekends besides study. And it'd help me learn a new part of Philly. So here's hoping good things come of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment